Application Forms and Process
Those interested in seeking admission to the School of Nursing should complete an Application Form.
The application form and the application fee should be sent to the Registrar of the School of Nursing at Citizens School of Nursing, 651 Fourth Avenue, New Kensington, PA 15068.
Additional Required Documentation
The following additional documentation is required to complete the application process.
Note that all transcripts must be official; an official transcript is signed, bears the seal of the school, and is mailed directly from the school to Citizens School of Nursing.
All applicants must arrange for the following to be sent directly to the Registrar, Citizens School of Nursing:
- Official high school transcript (must be signed, bear the seal of the high school, and be mailed directly from the high school to the School of Nursing)
- Results of College Entrance Examination Board testing (SATs)
- Three (3) completed Personal Reference Forms. Persons providing references are not to be related to the applicant
Applicants Requesting Advanced Standing
Applicants requesting advanced standing must also arrange for the following additional documentation to be sent directly from the school or person completing the document to the Registrar, Citizens School of Nursing:
- Official college transcript
- Course descriptions for required courses, if not currently on file at Citizens School of Nursing. Acceptance of these courses will be based on the course content
- Verification of current Pennsylvania Practical Nurse licensure
- Evidence of recent experience in an acute/skilled care setting or graduation from LPN school within one (1) year of entering the program. NOTE: If deficient in recent employment experience area, the applicant may be eligible to enter Term 1
- The results of NLN Mobility 1, Book 1 showing a decision score of 65% correct or better
- Submission by the applicant's current immediate nursing supervisor of the LPN Advanced Placement Clinical Competency Evaluation Form. NOTE: If an applicant cannot provide validation of the basic clinical competencies, the applicant may be eligible to enter the program in Term 1
- A Professional Reference Formcompleted by someone other than the immediate nursing supervisor
- Official transcript from practical nursing program
Students Transferring from Another Nursing Program
- Official school transcript
- A letter from the applicant explaining the reason for transfer. NOTE: An applicant is eligible for transfer status only if enrolled in an educational program within the last year
- A letter of recommendation from the director or dean of the former nursing program