Many of the organization's continuing medical education (CME) courses also offer CE credits for nurses and allied health providers. A variety of free and fee-based continuing education (CE) courses for registered nurses are offered online.
Free Online CE for RNs
- CME Corner - Offers free online CME/CE courses for physicians, pharmacists and nurses in four specialty areas: cardiovascular, central nervous system, GI, and respiratory medicine
- HealthStream - Offers continuing education for EMTs, nurses, physicians, and radiologic technicians
- Medscape CE for Nurses - Requires registration, but both registration and CE are free
- PainEDU.org - Offers a series of free interactive learning modules addressing a range of pain assessment and pain management topics
- Online CEUs: a Directory for Nurses - This free directory service offers mostly fee-based courses, but some free courses are listed.
- RN.org - Offers one free introductory course
Fee-Based CE for RNs
- Nursing Consult Continuing Education - AGH employees can access CE for free by becoming a registered user of the AGH Health Sciences Library
- Advance for Nurses -Numerous CE courses on various topics; offers a flat fee for unlimited courses for a 12 month period
- ANA Continuing Online Education - Provides a number of courses on a variety of topics; most are between $7 and $10 for members and $9 to $15 for non-members. Some courses do not offer CE credit, so make sure to check credit status prior to choosing module.
- CEU Professor Nursing Continuing Education - $28.95 for one year of unlimited courses. Accredidated by all state boards of nursing
- Nursing Center CE - Gives nurses hundreds of CE articles as well as online testing with instant results and certificates and a CE planner to help nurses keep their CE up-to-date
- Online CEUs: a Directory for Nurses - This free directory service allows you to compare online classes from different continuing education providers so you can select the ones that best meet your study requirements. Some free courses are listed on the free CEUs page.
- RN.com - Offers more than 175 ANCC-accredited and state-approved nursing CE courses and 400 contact hours online and an instant certificate upon successful completion of the course. Offers flat fee for unlimited courses for one year
- RN.org - Flat fee of $19.99 per year includes the courses, testing, retesting (if required), and login to view your transcript and reprint any nursing continuing education certificates you earned under your profile. Offers one free introductory CE course
- RNCEUSs.com - Offers a special rate of $29.95 for 30 hours of CE