The program will conduct interviews September, 2012 onwards for the training period starting in July 2013. The program is not participating in ERAS/ NRMP for recruiting fellows at this time.
The following documents should be submitted by the candidates prior to be considered for an interview:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Green Card Status (if applicable)
- USMLE Scores (MDs): Steps 1 and 2; Step 3 (if available)
- COMLEX Scores (DOs): Levels 1, 2 and 3
- Letters of Recommendation: 3, including a letter from Internal Medicine Program Director
- Visa Requirements: The program accepts applicants with J-1 visa and Permanent Resident (Green Card) status. Allegheny General Hospital does not sponsor applicants with H1B visa status.
The documents may be submitted by postal mail or e-mail to:
Nitin Bhanot, MD, MPH
Division of Infectious Diseases
7th Floor, South Tower
320 E North Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Candidates selected for interview will be notified via e-mail correspondence. Those candidates scheduled for interview will meet with the Program Director and faculty members of the Division of Infectious Diseases.