The objectives and goals of our General Practice Residency (GPR) Program in dentistry meet the standards required by CODA for advanced education programs. The goals are as follows:
- To plan and provide a broad range of dental and oral healthcare to patients of varying types and needs.
- To instill a commitment toward continuing education for self improvement and for better patient care.
- To competently treat the medically compromised patient in a hospital or other healthcare setting through the interaction of medicine and dentistry.
- To instill a sense of responsibility for underserved populations by providing disease prevention and health promotion services and activities.
- To achieve the clinical judgment for specialty referrals, while continuing to function as the primary care provider.