All applications are handled through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Our program offers PGY-I positions through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
The Emergency Medicine Residency Program Office will not accept any paper applications.
The completed application includes:
- Completed ERAS application form
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Official transcript from your medical school
- Dean's letter
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one Emergency Medicine)
- USMLE Board scores: It is highly recommended that you schedule Step II early in the year, so your scores will be available at the time of interview.
If you are a foreign medical graduate, your application must also include the following:
- Copy of your ECFMG certificate
- Copies of all ECFMG/FMGEMS/FLEX scores
- Two letters of recommendation must originate from the United States
The deadline for applying through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) is December 31 of the year before desired start of the program.
A fourth-year medical school rotation through our Emergency Medicine Department or subspecialty elective is encouraged for students who are interested in our residency program.
Once the application is completed, our staff reviews the application and applies the specific criteria that we use for granting interviews.
Personal interviews are by invitation only and are required for acceptance to our program. Interviews are conducted on Mondays and Wednesdays, from mid-November to early February.
If you have any questions regarding our program, the application process, or your application status, please call 412.359.4905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.