All applications to our program are handled through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program Office will not accept any paper applications.
Once the application through ERAS is completed, our staff reviews the application and applies specific criteria to determine which applicants are offered interviews.
The application to the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program includes the following:
- Completed application
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Official transcript from your medical school
- Dean's letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- USMLE Board score
- If you are a graduate of a foreign medical school, your application must also meet the following requirements:
- Minimum USMLE Step1 and Step 2 score of 200 or above.
- J-1 visa
- ECFMG certified prior to any interview
For more information about the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program, please contact us.
1. How do I apply to your residency program?
We participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and process all applications via ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). Only applications received through ERAS will be reviewed for a possible interview.
2. Do you offer pre-match positions?
We do not offer any pre-match positions.
3. How many residents are in your program?
We have a total of 20 residents in our training program with 5 residents at each PGY level.
4. Do you have minimum USMLE score requirements?
A minimum USMLE score of 190 is preferred.
5. Do I have to take Step 2 before my interview?
Step 1 scores are required prior to invitation for an interview. Although we do not require a Step 2 score for an interview, we strongly recommend that you provide a Step 2 score prior to the rank list deadline.
6. What is your application deadline?
Our application deadline is November 30.
7. Is your program “DO friendly”?
We encourage DO students to apply to our program. Several of our residents and faculty have completed their medical school training at an osteopathic medical school.
8. If I have taken COMLEX Level 1, do I also need to take USMLE Step 1?
We accept COMLEX scores from osteopathic medicine students. You do not need to take the USMLE Step exam in addition to the COMLEX exam.
9. Is your program “IMG friendly”?
International medical graduates are encouraged to apply to our training program. We assess each individual based on his or her own merits, with no specific policy that excludes foreign medical graduates.
10. What type of visas do you sponsor?
Our institution sponsors J-1 Visas only.
11. Do IMGs need special certification?
ECFMG certification is required for all international medical graduates.