About the Library
The Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) Health Sciences Library is located on the first floor, Snyder Pavilion.
Hours: Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Kathleen Yasenosky, MLS, Director
Nancy Deet, MLIS, Health Information Specialist
Heidi Patterson, MLIS, Health Information Specialist
Anita Fingal, Library Associate
Online resources available to registered users on the AGH campus include:
- Access through EBSCO to MEDLINE, CINAHL, and Cochrane databases
- Nursing Consult
- CINAHL - nursing and allied health literature
- Cochrane Database - full text of regularly updated systematic reviews prepared by the Cochrane Collaboration
- Cochrane Controlled Trials Register - bibliography of controlled trials identified by the Cochrane Collaboration and others
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effectiveness - A full-text database containing critical assessments of systematic reviews from a variety of medical journals
- Natural Standard - is an international research collaboration that aggregates and synthesizes data on complementary and alternative therapies. Using a comprehensive methodology and reproducible grading scales, information is created that is evidence-based, consensus-based, and peer-reviewed. The mission of this collaboration is to provide objective, reliable information that aids clinicians, patients, and healthcare institutions to make more informed and safer therapeutic decisions.