Recently achieved by AGH Pharmacy residents:
- Coons JC, McGraw M, Murali S. Pharmacotherapy for acute heart failure syndromes. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2011;68:21-35.
- Coons JC, Plauger KM, Seybert AL, Sokos GG. Worsening heart failure in the setting of dronedarone initiation. Ann Pharmacother 2010;44:1496-1500.
- Miller RC, Brinkman J. No bones about it: the pharmacist’s role in managing cancer therapy-induced bone loss. Pharmacy Times 2009. ACPE Program I.D. Number: 0290-0000-09-015-H01-P.
- Coons JC, Battistone S. 2007 guideline update for unstable angina/ non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: focus on antiplatelet and anticoagulant therapies. Ann Pharmacother 2008;42:989-1001.
- Coons JC, Barnes M, Kusick K. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2009;66:562-6.
- Gallagher JC, Rouse HM. Tigecycline for the treatment of Acinetobacter infections: a case series. Ann Pharmacother 2008;42:1188-94.
- Fullmer AC, Miller R. Retrospective review of hemoglobin and/or hematocrit levels with occurrence of thrombosis in cancer patients treated with erythropoiesis stimulating agents. J Oncol Pharm Practice 2009;00:1-7.
- Conger M, Coons J, Horn E, Sokos G. Utility of a pharmacist service in outpatient heart failure, pulmonary hypertension and transplant clinics. Resident poster presentation at American Heart Association Fellows Research Day. Pittsburgh, PA, 2011.
- Martin A, Wanek M, Coons J. Evaluation of appropriateness of dronedarone based on current hospital guidelines. Resident poster presentation at ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Anaheim, CA, 2010. Poster (6-106).
- Brinkman JL, Miller RC, Ulhoa-Cintra A, Monga D. Bevacizumab Continued After Progressive Disease (BCAP): An Analysis of Outcomes and Adverse Events. Poster presentation at the 6th Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA. March 2010.
- Hahn N, Du S, Korczynski M. The Effect on Measurable Target Goals in Patients Enrolled in a Patient Assistance/Disease State Management Clinic. Poster presentation at the 44th American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, December 2009.
- McGraw MA, Chan Tompkins NH, Herbert C, Sahud A. Combination Therapy vs. Monotherapy for the Treatment of Nosocomial Clostridium difficile Infection (CDI). Poster presentation at the 47th Infectious Disease Society of America Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA. October 2009.
- Ferrara J, Chan-Tompkins NH, Bhanot N, Herbert C, Sahud A. Efficacy of Vancomycin Therapy for the Treatment of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia (VAP) with Vancomycin MICs </= 0.5 vs. Vancomycin MICs >/=1. Poster presentation at the 47th Infectious Disease Society of America Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA. October 2009.
- Christopher TL, Coons JC, Simpson RW. Vasopressin with Epinephrine versus Epinephrine Alone for In-Hospital Cardiac Arrest. Poster presentation at the 43rd American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting, Orlando, FL, December 2008.
- Kelly C, Chan-Tompkins NH, Gallagher S. Skip a step with CPOE: Impact on Antibiotic Ordering. Poster presentation at the 42nd American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, December 2007.
- Sarah Battistone, Evaluating Aminoglycoside Pharmacokinetics in Adult Obese Patients, Unit-Based Clinical Pharmacist (Cardiology), UPMC Shadyside Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Tiffany Christopher, Should Vasopressin be an Alternative to Epinepherine in the ACLS Guidelines, PGY2 Critical Care, AGH
- Christina Kelly, The Impact of Moxifloxacin Use on the Development of Clostridium Difficile-Associated Disease, Unit-Based Clinical Pharmacist, UPMC Shadyside Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Colleen Timlin, Oropharyngeal Toxicities in Head and Neck Cancer, PGY2 Hematology-Oncology, AGH
- Lindsay Palkovic,* Appropriate Treatment of Relative Adrenal Insufficiency in Septic Shock, Assistant Professor of Pharmacy, University of Sciences in Philadelphia/ Philadelphia College of Pharmacy , Philadelphia, PA
- Amber Fullmer,‡ The Influence of Hemoglobin and Hematocrit Levels on the Occurrence of Thrombosis in Patients with Cancer Treated with Erythropoesis-Stimulating Agents, Hematology/Oncology Specialist, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- Megan Barnes, Alemtuzumab: Safety and Effectiveness as Induction Therapy for Kidney Transplantation, PGY2 Cardiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Jenna Ferrara, Efficacy of Vancomycin Therapy for the Treatment of MRSA Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia with Vancomycin MICs ≥ 1 vs. Vancomycin MICs ≤ 0.5, PGY2 Infectious Diseases, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Lindsay Kreutzer, An Evaluation of Established Criteria versus Physician Management on Length of Stay in Patients with Acute Venous Thromboembolism at a Large Tertiary Care Hospital, Anticoagulation Pharmacist, West Penn-Forbes Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Molly McGraw, Combination Therapy versus Monotherapy for the Treatment of Nosocomial Clostridium difficile Infection, PGY2 Critical Care, AGH
- Heather Rouse, Impact of Computerized Physician Order Entry on the Use of Levalbuterol at a Tertiary Academic Institution, PGY2 Critical Care, Virginia Commonwealth University-Medical College of Virginia,
- Richmond, VA
- Tiffany Christopher,* Safety of Enoxaparin for the Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism in Elderly Patients with Low Body Weight, Critical Care Pharmacy Specialist, West Penn Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Colleen Timlin,‡ Relative Dose Intensity of Chemotherapeutic Regimens Oncology, Pharmacy Specialist, West Penn Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Michael Corpman, Colistimethate Use at a Large Teaching Facility: A Ten-Year Experience, 50-50 Clinical Pharmacist, West-Penn Forbes Hospital
- Selma Du, Evaluation of Early Goal Directed Therapy at AGH, Pharmacist, Virginia Hospital Center
- Arlington, VA
- Nicole Hahn, Does the Use of Intermittent Dosing Have an Impact on Total Cumulative Doses of Lorazepam in Patients Receiving Continuous Infusions? PGY2 Ambulatory Care, University of Maryland
- Baltimore, MD
- Kara Plauger, Vitamin K Supplementation for the Stabilization of International Normalized Ratios, PGY2 Infectious Diseases, VA Health System San Diego
- Valerie Vuylsteke Ertapenem vs. Cefotetan/Metronidazole in Colorectal Surgery Patients PGY2 Ambulatory Care/Academia, University of Tennessee Health Science Center Family Medicine Clinic
- Memphis, TN
- Molly McGraw* Opiate-Induced Respiratory Depression Leading to Medical Emergency Team (MET) Response Critical Care Pharmacy Specialist, UPMC Passavant Hospital
- Jenna Brinkman,‡ Bevacizumab Continued After Disease Progression: An Analysis of Outcomes and Adverse Events Oncology Pharmacy Specialist, VA Pittsburgh
*PGY2 Critical Care Resident
‡ PGY2 Hematology-Oncology Resident
†PGY2 Ambulatory Care Resident
- Louise-Marie Gillis, Evaluating Dosing of Erythropoiesis-Stimulating Agents on Hemoglobin Levels in Bloodless Medicine Patients, PGY2 Infectious Diseases, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Meghan Groth, Blood Pressure and Intracerebral Hemorrhage after t-PA Administration in Acute Ischemic Stroke, PGY2 Critical Care, AGH
- Abby Martin, Evaluation of a Digoxin Nomogram in Patients with Heart Failure and Atrial Fibrillation Anticoagulation Pharmacist, AGH
- Matthew Wanek, Bivalirudin versus Heparin plus a Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Inhibitor for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, PGY2 Critical Care, AGH
- Rachelle Whiteside, Impact of the Propofol Shortage on Patient Outcomes in a Cardiothoracic Surgical Intensive Care Unit, PGY2 Hematology-Oncology, AGH
- Aida Rebecca Bickley,* Evaluation of a Standardized Magnesium Sulfate Infusion Protocol in Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, Critical Care Pharmacy Specialist, Eastern Shore Health System, Easton, MD
- Megan Mitchell,‡ Implementing the APPRISE Program and Evaluating the Impact on Erythropoiesis Stimulating Agent (ESA) Prescribing and Blood Transfusion Utilization, Oncology Pharmacy Specialist, West Penn Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Marguerite Conger,† Effects of a Pharmacist-Provided Medication Therapy Evaluation and Education on Advanced Heart Failure Patients’ Knowledge Ambulatory Care, Pharmacy Specialist, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD