Anesthesia Procedures Lab
This anesthesiology course consists of two scenarios followed by debriefing. The first scenario is a routine induction of general anesthesia to familiarize the learners with the simulator and the simulation environment. The second scenario involves a patient undergoing general anesthesia for a laparoscopic cholecystectomy. During emergency, the patient develops laryngospasm followed by negative pressure pulmonary edema.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the usage of the manikin.
- Diagnose and treat laryngospasm.
- Diagnose and treat negative pressure pulmonary edema.
- Recognize and appropriately treat atrial fibrillation and anaphylaxis.
- Anesthesiology residents
- Medical students rotating in anesthesiology