National Registry Refresher: Airway Course
Community College of Allegheny County
This course is designed to provide the EMS student with the skills necessary to effectively manage difficult airways.
At the conclusion of the session the student will be able to:
- Identify anatomy of the upper and lower airway.
- Appropriately apply the Pennsylvania EMS protocols related to airway management and establish an appropriate airway.
- Implement proper techniques in the setting of a "difficult airway".
- Students will effectively maintain oxygenation of and ventilation of a simulated patient according to state and national protocols.
- Students will choose appropriate techniques when given a difficult airway to manage.
- EMS and paramedic personnel