Public Safety Institute Paramedic Training Course
Community College of Allegheny County
This course is designed to provide EMS students with realistic scenarios involving pediatric as well as adult patients with conditions such as trauma, cardiac illness, medical emergency, and compromised airway. Students will also experience adult and pediatric MegaCodes. Each session is timed to coincide with an appropriate program module, allowing students to build on previous experiences at STAR.
- Participants will perform endotracheal intubation and advanced airway management during standard and difficult airway scenarios.
- Participants will perform patient assessment skills on a variety of patients.
- Participants will identify and appropriately treat a variety of abnormalities in Lead II and 12-lead EKG tracings.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to do the following:
- Correctly and effectively perform the skills of basic, advanced, and difficult airway management.
- Perform a patient assessment.
- Interpret a variety of EKG findings and take appropriate treatment measures.
- Demonstrate competency in meeting advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), pediatric advanced life support (PALS), prehospital trauma life support (PHTLS), and neonatal resuscitation program (NRP) standards.
- Paramedic students and advanced life support providers