AWHONN Intermediate EFM
This course is designed to teach RNs Electronic Fetal Monitoring techniques.
- Demonstrate the decision-making process for selecting EFM techniques
- Simulate psychomotor skills used in EFM
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate correct placement of fetal spiral electrode on nursing interventions to assist with this procedure.
- Demonstrate Leopold's Maneuvers in preparation for placement of the external fetal monitor.
- Demonstrate correct insertion of/assistance with placement of an IUAC.
- Staff Nurses