Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Recertification Course
The Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) will help the participant learn to resuscitate newborns.
- Pass the NRP written evaluation with the required passing score for each lesson.
- Complete 5 required components of the megacode assessment.
- Check bag/mask/oxygen supply
- Indicate need for PPV
- Provide PPV correctly
- Take corrective action when HR not rising and chest not moving
- Demonstrate correct chest compression technique
- Identify the need to start chest compressions.
- Demonstrate use of meconium aspirator.
- Appropriately draw up resuscitation medications.