Impaired Physician Course
This course is designed to provide obstetrics/gynecology residents the opportunity to learn and implement the relevant policies and procedures for dealing with an impaired physician.
This simulated experience focuses on the following:
- Review of the hospital policy for an impaired physician
- Recognizing signs of impairment
- Appropriately implementing the proper chain of command
Debriefing or reflective learning will allow residents the experience of evaluating and synthesizing their performance and developing more confidence in recognizing and handling an impaired physician.
- Recognize category III tracing
- Review “Chain of Command”
- Review hospital policy for impaired physician
- Obstetrics/Gynecology residents