Intubation and Airway Management Skills for the Infant
WPH/IUP School of Respiratory Care
The Intubation and Airway Management Skills for the Infant course provides the participant with the opportunity to practice airway assessment and intubation in infants. At the completion of this course, the expected outcomes include:
- Skills improvement
- Increased competence
- Increased self-confidence
- Improved accuracy with clinical airway management for infants
- Gain confidence and comfort utilizing airway management equipment and techniques for infants, including positioning, use of oral airways, bag valve & mask units, and oral endotracheal intubation and extubation.
- Practice assessment techniques for placement and positioning, securing the endotracheal tube, cuff pressure assessment, and general maintenance precautions.
- Practice suctioning skills for the intubated infant.
- Respiratory therapy students