Open Suctioning of Intubated Adult
WPH/IUP School of Respiratory Care
The Open Suctioning of Intubated Adult course provides the participant with the opportunity to practice psychomotor assessment skills for open suctioning of the intubated adult. At the completion of this course, the expected outcomes include:
- Confidence, comfort, and competence with endotracheal tube suctioning.
- Effective communication with the patient and other healthcare team members.
- Effective monitoring of patients.
- Practice aseptic "open" method suctioning technique on an intubated patient.
- Monitor patient vital signs during the procedure and respond appropriately to desaturation and heart rate issues.
- Practice bag-valve ventilation via the endotracheal tube.
- Respiratory therapy students