STAR AHA Life Support Courses
These courses are designed for the lay public and various levels of health care providers. Participants will learn how to accurately recognize and treat various adult and pediatric emergencies. In this training, participants will learn about various life saving procedures such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation, defibrillation, medication administration and airway management. This training will provide participants with the opportunity to earn an American Heart Association (AHA) course completion card.
- Demonstrate competence in following AHA recommended treatment algorhythms
- Exhibit an understanding of the theoretical concepts behind the skills required for course completion
- Appropriately provide patient care on simulated patients
- Accurately follow AHA guidelines providing care to adult and pediatric patients
- Attain AHA recognition with a course completion card
- Lay public and healthcare providers of various disciplines