Mock Code Training Using interdisciplinary Group Dynamics
This 2-hour course is designed to increase staff feelings of competency in decision-making and effectiveness while responding to a code.
- Recognize emergency situations.
- Perform the essential measures to treat the patient.
- Utilize the Chain of Group Dynamics Model in code training.
- Define their role in a code situation.
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly provide effective hand-off communication to other healthcare team members.
- ACLS certification for medical residents
- BLS/BCLS certification for nurses and ancillary healthcare staff
- Review West Penn Hospital Blue Alert Policy
- Review West Penn Hospital Yellow Alert Policy
- Review Mock Code participant guide (for AGH) (for WPH)
- Take the course presurvey (for AGH) (for WPH)
- Healthcare professionals at AGH or WPH