Simulation Comes Alive
This two hour seminar is designed to introduce participants to the role of the standardized patient in simulation. During this seminar the participants will have the opportunity, with guidance from a seasoned group of standardized patients, to learn how to incorporate standardized patients into their simulated clinical experience.
- Introduction to the role of standardized patients in simulation
- How to train standardized patients using the primary teaching method
- Role playing
- Define what a standardized patient is.
- Recognize the role of the standardized patient in simulation.
- Identify what the primary teaching method is and how it can be used in training standardized patients.
- Analyze how to incorporate the standardized patient into a curriculum.
- Demonstrate through role playing the effectiveness of standardized patients in simulation.
- At the completion of this conference, the attendee should have an understanding of what a standardized patient is and how to incorporate the patient into a standardized clinical experience.
Healthcare professionals, administrators