Allegheny Valley Internal Medicine
Allegheny Valley Internal Medicine opened in July 2005. We care for patients ages 16 and older and patients with multiple medical needs. Our physicians and staff are committed to providing quality healthcare to all our patients. We are proud to be serving the Alle-Kiski Valley. We admit exclusively to Allegheny Valley Hospital (AVH), and we provide care for our own patients every day during their hospitalization.
NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance) works with large employers, policy makers, doctors, patients and health plans to decide what is important, how to measure it and how to promote improvement. Physician practices who have met stringent criteria measuring health plan performance are given three-year certification and also receive financial rewards depending on their level of program attainment.
ALLEGHENY VALLEY INTERNAL MEDICINE ACHIEVED THE DIABETES PHYSICIAN RECOGNITION PROGRAM
Developed by NCQA and the American Diabetes Association, this program utilizes evidence-based measures to recognize physicians who provide excellent care to their diabetic patients.
Services provided at Allegheny Valley Internal Medicine include the following:
- Internal medicine
- Family medicine
- Women's healthcare
- Men's healthcare
- Care for work related injury
- Motor vehicle injury
- Complete physicals
- Hypertension treatment
- Diabetic education
- Referrals to nursing agencies
- Physician on-call 24 hours
- Minor dermatology procedures
- Urgent appointments
1719 Union Avenue, Suite A
Natrona Heights, PA 15065
(near the post office)
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
At our Natrona Heights location:
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Call 724.226.2128 to schedule an appointment.
After hours the physician on call can be reached at 1.800.964.4173
Insurance Plan Participation
In order to ensure accurate billing to your insurance carrier, please:
- Bring your insurance card with you to each appointment.
- Pay your co-payment and other payments, per your insurance contract, at time of service.
- Contact our office if you have any questions regarding your account.
The following is a list of major insurance plans in which Allegheny Valley Internal Medicine participates:
- Highmark Blue Cross Sec. Blue
- Devon Health Services
- Aetna US Healthcare Golden Medicare
- Highmark Blue Cross Special Care
- Bravo Health
- Gateway Health Plan
- Three Rivers Health Plan
- Health America/Health Assurance
- Unison Advantage-Three Rivers
- Health America Advantra
- United Healthcare
- Highmark Blue Cross Indemnity
- Highmark Blue Cross Managed Care
- Intergroup Services
- Highmark Blue Cross Community Blue