East Suburban Obstetrical and Gynecological Associates
Why choose East Suburban Obstetrical and Gynecological Associates?
It’s undeniable that women are remarkable at every age. East Suburban Obstetrical and Gynecological Associates is pleased to offer extraordinary care for women at each stage of life, from adolescence to menopause and beyond. The expertly trained physicians and nurses who make up our practice have offered exceptional care to women in the eastern suburbs for over three generations. At a time when some doctors are asking patients to travel into the city for maternity care and routine procedures, we deliver the best care a woman can get – right here at home. Here are just a few reasons why you should choose our practice for all of your female healthcare needs.
- Our practice offers care for women at each stage of life, from puberty to menopause and beyond.
- We deliver babies exclusively at Forbes Regional Hospital. Forbes Regional has earned our trust by delivering more than 30,000 infants since opening its doors. The hospital offers around-the-clock pediatric coverage for newborns and a Level II NICU for babies requiring extra special care.
- Our doctors are experts in the latest cutting-edge and minimally invasive gynecological surgery techniques.
- Each of our physicians completed his or her training at some of the nation’s most respected teaching hospitals. What’s more, all of our doctors are board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology – an important factor for women to consider when choosing their physician.
- We are an authority in breast care, infertility, osteoporosis, HRT (hormone replacement therapy) options, high-risk obstetrics and many other issues facing today’s women.
- We offer five convenient office locations staffed with friendly and knowledgeable healthcare professionals throughout the eastern suburbs to accommodate your busy lifestyle.
East Suburban Obstetrical and Gynecological Associates specializes in individualized, patient-focused care to meet the needs of women at every stage of life. Our services range from preventive and prenatal care to the healthcare needs of women as they mature. Our physicians and staff members bring sensitivity and understanding to the treatments and services available to you.
In addition, our physicians are board-certified and extensively trained and accredited in advanced laparoscopic techniques, including laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy. Many gynecologic procedures that previously required an abdominal incision are now being performed using laparoscopic techniques.
For all women, East Suburban Obstetrical and Gynecological Associates emphasizes early detection through regular examinations, including Pap smears and on-site mammography and bone density studies.
Our complete prenatal services include sonography, which allows physicians to monitor fetal development and identify high-risk pregnancies. Combined with fetal heart rate monitoring, these and other advances in prenatal care have greatly improved the future for mothers and babies at risk. For women who are having difficulty conceiving, we provide infertility counseling and treatment.
For women approaching menopause and those in this stage of life, we provide therapeutic options to treat symptoms and lessen the risk of such conditions as osteoporosis, heart disease and breast cancer.
East Suburban Obstetrical and Gynecological Associates is part of Allegheny Medical Practice Network, a group of primary care and specialty physicians affiliated with West Penn Allegheny Health System. Because we are part of one of the region's largest healthcare systems, we can remain on the leading edge of advances in medicine, and access a wide array of medical and surgical services for your care.
- Routine gynecological care
- Adolescent gynecological care
- Menopausal gynecological care
- Obstetrical care
- Infertility counseling and treatment
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Laser surgery
- Operative hysteroscopy
- Operative laparoscopy
- Breast cancer chemoprevention
Forbes Regional Hospital
2580 Haymaker Road
Bldg 2, Suite 201
Monroeville, PA 15146
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Prenatal visits also are available
4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
1955 Lincoln Way
White Oak, PA 15131
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
7546 Route 30
Irwin, PA 15642
8 a.m to 4:30 p.m
Monday through Friday
24 hour cancellation notice requested.
Physician on-call 24 hours.
Insurance Plan Participation
In order to ensure accurate billing to your insurance carrier, please:
- Bring your insurance card with you to each appointment.
- Pay your co-payment and other payments, per your insurance contract, at time of service.
- Contact our office if you have any questions regarding your account.
The following is a list of major insurance plans in which East Suburban Obstetrical and Gynecological Associates participates:
- Aetna (Workers Comp)
- Devon Health Services
- Elder Health
- Gateway Health Plan
- Health America Advantra
- Health America/Health Assurance
- Highmark Blue Cross Managed Care
- Highmark Blue Cross Indemnity
- Highmark Blue Cross Security Blue
- Highmark Blue Cross Special Care
- Intergroup Services Home Host Program
- Ion Health (f/k/a Great American Health Plan)
- Unison (Medplus)
- Unison Advantage-Three Rivers
- United Healthcare
Although we accept most medical insurance plans, coverage for specific services may vary based on insurance provider. Please check with your insurance carrier prior to making your appointment to make sure your visit is covered. If your insurance carrier does not cover the services we render, you will be responsible for payment. Also, please notify us immediately of any changes in your name, address or insurance carrier. If your treatment is due to a motor vehicle accident or workers' compensation injury, please provide us with the name and address of the responsible insurance company and your claim number at the time of your first visit for the claim. Any questions you may have regarding a billing issue may be addressed to our office’s billing department.
There may be times when you schedule a preventive medicine appointment – or a yearly exam – but are experiencing specific symptoms that you would like to discuss with the doctor during the time of that visit. Other times, your physician may extend your visit to review details of an ongoing issue during your yearly exam. For the convenience of our patients we try to address both preventive and symptomatic concerns during the same appointment. However, your insurance carrier may regard this as two separate types of visits – one for preventive care and one for symptomatic care. Your physician will determine if the symptoms are significant and must be identified separately from your yearly exam. Because we are required to comply with established billing and coding procedures as well as certain health insurance contracts, your service may be billed as both a preventive and a symptomatic visit during the same appointment. It is ultimately up to your insurance carrier as to how your coverage will apply. If you have questions regarding this circumstance, please contact the member services number listed on your insurance card.
Things to Remember
We hope you will agree that our charges are reasonable, customary and comparable to other offices for the services we provide. Please be prepared to pay for your visit or copay at the time services are rendered. Payments may be made in cash, by check or credit card.
Routine prescription refills can be handled during regular office hours. Please call our office at least four days before your prescription will expire and be prepared to provide the prescription name, number, dosage information and the pharmacy telephone number when calling in a prescription refill.
You will receive notification from your doctor or our nursing staff regarding abnormal test results as soon as they are available to us. We strive to provide these results in a timely fashion, but please understand we cannot provide results until the ordering physician has had an opportunity to review test findings.