Ferlan Medical Group
Lawrence Ferlan, MD established the once solo practice in 1982. Now, five doctors comprise the group which provides excellent internal and family medicine services to the Alle-Kiski area with two locations.
NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance) works with large employers, policy makers, doctors, patients and health plans to decide what is important, how to measure it and how to promote improvement. Physician practices who have met stringent criteria measuring health plan performance are given three-year certification and also receive financial rewards depending on their level of program attainment.
THE FERLAN GROUP ACHIEVED DIABETES PHYSICIAN RECOGNITION PROGRAM
Developed by NCQA and the American Diabetes Association, this program utilizes evidence-based measures to recognize physicians who provide excellent care to their diabetic patients.
Services provided include at the Ferlan Group include the following:
- Internal medicine
- Women's healthcare
- Men's healthcare
- Family medicine
- Weight control
- Care for work-related injury
- House call visits (chronic physical conditions)
- Care for motor vehicle injuries
- Nutrition counseling
- Hospice duty
- Complete physicals
- Office-based surgery
- Diabetic education
- Physician visits to nursing homes and personal care homes
- Referrals to nursing agencies
- Physician on-call 24 hours
- Spirometry in office
- In-office lab
- 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitor
- Nebulizer treatments in office
Locations and Office Hours
317 First Avenue
Tarentum, PA 15084
Monday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
831 Pittsburgh Street
Springdale, PA 15144
Monday 9 a.m. - 12 noon
Tuesday 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. - 12 noon
Same day appointments as needed for patients 14 and over (internal medicine physicians).
If possible, please give 24 hour notice if you need to cancel an appointment.
24-hour coverage is provided through an answering service after scheduled office hours.
Insurance Plan Participation
In order to ensure accurate billing to your insurance carrier, please:
- Bring your insurance card with you to each appointment.
- Pay your co-payment and other payments, per your insurance contract, at time of service.
- Contact our office if you have any questions regarding your account.
The following is a list of major insurance plans in which The Ferlan Group participates:
- Aetna US Healthcare Golden Medicare
- Devon Health Services
- Bravo Health
- Health Amercia Advantra
- Health America/Health Assurance
- Highmark Blue Cross Security Blue
- Highmark Blue Cross Community Blue
- Highmark Blue Cross Managed Care
- Highmark Blue Cross Special Care
- Highmark Blue Cross Indemnity
- Intergroup Services
- Intergroup Services Home Host Program
- Ion Health (f/k/a Great American Health Plan)
- Three Rivers Health Plan
- Unison Advantage-Three Rivers
- Unison Health Plan
- United Healthcare