Forbes Family Medicine
Caring for you- a whole and unique person- from prenatal and maternity care, to infants, children and adolescents, adults, seniors and end-of-life.
Your primary physician is your family's partner in staying healthy and getting you well. Your doctor answers your phone calls, sees you for office visits, manages your care if you need to be hospitalized and coordinates referrals to specialists.
As a member of the West Penn Allegheny Health System, our physicians work closely with world-class healthcare specialists and can refer you to a wide range of comprehensive services to meet your unique healthcare needs. Our practice is a NCQA-certified Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Forbes Family Medicine is also a proud partner with the Pennsylvania Academy of Family Practice's Medical Home Project which provides care for young adults with special healthcare needs.
Our services include:
- Treatment of acute and chronic illnesses, common problems and serious medical conditions
- Complete physical examinations
- Sports medicine
- Care for motor vehicle injuries
- Clinical lab
- Diagnostic testing
- Well child care and immunizations
- Women's healthcare
- Men's healthcare
- Maternity care
- Family medicine
- Office-based surgery
- Parenting and newborn classes
- Lamaze-childbirth preparation
- Counseling for: anxiety, depression, smoking cessation, weight management
- Referrals to nursing agencies
- Physician visits to nursing homes
- House calls
- Physician on-call 24 hours
Locations and Office Hours
Monday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Thursday 12:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Same day appointments are available on a limited basis
After hours and on weekends, one of our doctors is always on call at 412.457.1100.
Insurance Plan Participation
In order to ensure accurate billing to your insurance carrier, please:
- Bring your insurance card and photo identifcation with you to each appointment.
- Pay your co-payment and other payments, per your insurance contract, at time of service.
- Contact our office if you have any questions regarding your account.
The following is a list of major insurance plans in which Forbes Family Medicine participates:
- Cigna Keystone
- Gateway Health Plan
- Health America
- Highmark Blue Cross Community Blue
- Highmark Blue Cross Indemnity
- Highmark Blue Cross Managed Care
- Highmark Blue Cross Security Blue
- Highmark Blue Cross Special Care
- Select Blue
- United Health Care Community Plan Med-Plus
- UPMC for you