This practice has been serving patients in the Alle-Kiski Valley for over 20 years.
Currently there are three dedicated physicians with over 55 years of combined clinical expertise. Surinder S. Bajwa, MD is board-certified in internal medicine and pulmonology. Daniel R. Casper, MD and Hadi A. Firoz are both board-certified in internal medicine. Our devoted staff of experienced professionals works together as a team to care for all of your healthcare needs.
Our physicians provide comprehensive care in hypertension, diabetes management, arthritis, heart disease and many other disciplines and will also coordinate any additional specialty care or services you may require. Dr. Bajwa also takes care of different aspects of lung disease and sees patients in consultation for other physicians in the community. We evaluate and treat a range of medical problems in adults 16 years and over.
United Physicians, Inc. is affiliated with Allegheny Valley Hospital in Natrona Heights. We value a one-on-one relationship for inpatient care as well as follow up visits.
NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance) works with large employers, policy makers, doctors, patients and health plans to decide what is important, how to measure it and how to promote improvement. Physician practices who have met stringent criteria measuring health plan performance are given three-year certification and also receive financial rewards depending on their level of program attainment.
UNITED PHYSICIANS ACHIEVED THE DIABETES PHYSICIAN RECOGNITION PROGRAM
Developed by NCQA and the American Diabetes Association, this program utilizes evidence-based measures to recognize physicians who provide excellent care to their diabetic patients.
Services provided at United Physicians include:
- Internal medicine
- Men's healthcare
- Care for work-related injury
- Complete physicals
- Nutrition counseling
- Diabetic education
- Independent medical evaluations
- Medical record review
- Diagnostic testing
- Physician visits to nursing homes and personal care homes
- Referrals to nursing agencies
- Physician on-call 24 hours
- Phlebotomy services
305 Seventh Street
New Kensington, PA 15068
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please call 724-339-3900 to schedule an appointment.
If you may need to cancel your appointment, please give us at least 24 hours notice.
Our physicians are on-call for our practice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will have the peace of mind of knowing you are speaking to one of our physicians in our practice should an emergency arise.
Insurance Plan Participation
In order to ensure accurate billing to your insurance carrier, please:
- Bring your insurance card with you to each appointment.
- Pay your co-payment and other payments, per your insurance contract, at time of service.
- Contact our office if you have any questions regarding your account.
The following is a list of major insurance plans in which United Physicians participates:
- Aetna US Healthcare Golden Medicare
- Devon Health Services
- Elder Health
- Gateway Health Plan
- Health Amercia Advantra
- Health America/Health Assurance
- Highmark Blue Cross Security Blue
- Highmark Blue Cross Special Care
- Highmark Blue Cross Community Blue
- Highmark Blue Cross Indemnity
- Highmark Blue Cross Managed Care
- Intergroup Services
- Three Rivers Health Plan
- Unison Advantage-Three Rivers
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- UPMC Health Plan
- Highmark Freedom Blue