Related Classes & Events
Tuesday, May 28th, 2013
Tuesday, June 4th, 2013
Wednesday, June 5th, 2013
Monday, June 17th, 2013
Monday, July 15th, 2013
For patients considering surgical treatment for morbid obesity, the following websites provide accurate information about obesity and surgical treatment of obesity:
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery - The Society's vision is "to improve public health and well-being by lessening the burden of the disease of obesity and related diseases throughout the world."
- ObesityHelp.com - A website "dedicated to the education, empowerment and support of all individuals affected by obesity, along with their families, friends, employers, surgeons and physicians"
- Realize Band - Information about the REALIZE Band by Ethicon, Inc.
- LAP-BAND System - Information about the LAP-BAND System by Allergan, Inc.
- Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity - The Center defines itself as "A nonprofit research and public policy organization devoted to improving the world’s diet, preventing obesity, and reducing weight stigma"
You may also review online the process for weight-loss surgery at West Penn Allegheny Bariatric Surgery.