Related Classes & Events
Wednesday, June 5th, 2013
Tuesday, August 6th, 2013
Saturday, August 10th, 2013
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
Saturday, November 2nd, 2013
Burn Camp Counselor
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Burn Camp counselor!
West Penn Hospital's Summer Camp for Burned Children is held annually in early June - the next Camp session will be Saturday June 2 through Wednesday June 6, 2012. We look forward to another amazing year at camp!
Please review the following prospective counselor information. Being a camp counselor is a great opportunity to have a positive impact on the lives of children who have suffered burn injuries. A beautiful camp setting (with all the necessary amenities), exciting special outings, and interaction with some very special children are just a few of the many wonderful experiences of Burn Camp.
To become a counselor, here is what you'll need to do...
- Review the Counselor Job Description and Requirements.
- Fill out the Counselor Application and Reference Information.
- Complete the PA Child Abuse History Clearance , Authorization to Obtain Consumer Report and Criminal Record forms.
- Sign the Staff Agreement form.
- Sign West Penn Allegheny Health System's Publicity Release form.
- Enclose a check for $20 made out to the West Penn Hospital Foundation. This check will be held as a deposit on your participation. The Burn Camp will pay for all costs of background checks as long as the counselor fulfills his/her commitment to participate. Any counselors who do not participate in camp after clearances have been paid for will forfeit their deposit and the $20 check will be cashed. Checks will be returned to all participating counselors.
- Mail all five completed forms and payment to West Penn Burn Center, Attention: Rachel Williams, Burn Outreach Coordinator, 4800 Friendship Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15224.
We strive to provide the best possible camp experience for our children. Dedicated counselors are necessary for our success. Our kids need supervision, encouragement, role models, and caring. We look forward to all that you will have to offer these unique children. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please contact Stephanie Sauvageot, Burn Camp Director, at 412.578.4744 or Rachelle Williams, BSN, RN, Burn Outreach Coordinator, at 412.578.5295 with any questions or concerns.