Related Classes & Events
Wednesday, June 26th, 2013
Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013
Wednesday, July 10th, 2013
Tuesday, August 6th, 2013
Saturday, August 10th, 2013
Echocardiography is a non-invasive procedure that uses ultrasound to study the structure and motions of the heart. This allows cardiologists to view structural defects of the heart at any angle.
Leading-edge evaluation technologies in use at CVI’s Echocardiography Laboratory include:
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE), which helps detect valve problems, congenital heart disease, tears of the aorta and strokes caused by blood clots.
- Stress echocardiography, mainly used to diagnose and evaluate coronary artery disease.
- Tissue Doppler imaging, an essential tool for detecting congestive heart failure, acute myocardial infarction and hypertension.
- 3D echocardiography, which evaluates diseases of the heart valves, coronary artery disease and other conditions.
- Contrast echocardiography, a major tool for detecting ischemic heart disease.
Testing is performed within 48 hours of referral and test results are available within 24 hours; emergency testing is available around the clock.
Learn more about Echocardiography in our Health Library.