Related Classes & Events
Saturday, June 1st, 2013
Wednesday, June 5th, 2013
Saturday, June 15th, 2013
Wednesday, June 26th, 2013
Tuesday, August 6th, 2013
Forbes Heart and Vascular Center
As part of the Ed Dardanell Heart and Vascular Center, the Stroke Program at Forbes Regional offers high quality care for stroke patients from the Emergency Department through rehabilitation. Patients presenting to the Emergency Department with a Stroke will be evaluated efficiently to determine an appropriate course of treatment. Through the use of telemedicine, Forbes brings expert Stroke Neurologist to the patient’s bedside.
The Stroke Program at Forbes Regional has a dedicated unit with nursing staff who have been trained on how to provide best practice care to patients diagnosed with stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA).
Stroke is a medical emergency. If you think you are experiencing signs and symptoms of stroke, call 911 immediately. The signs and symptoms of stroke are:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause