Related Classes & Events
Emergency medicine is one of the most exciting, dynamic, and rapidly growing specialties in medicine. West Penn Allegheny Health System serves a five-state region as a Level I Shock Trauma Center (the highest certification available), supported by our LifeFlight air-medical service, the first to fly in the northeastern United States.
Our system services and facilities include:
- Regional Resource (Level I) Shock Trauma Center
- Board-certified emergency medicine physicians
- Full-service emergency departments available 24/7 at Allegheny General Hospital, Allegheny Valley Hospital, Canonsburg General Hospital, Forbes Regional Hospital and The Western Pennsylvania Hospital.
- Emergency helicopter services through LifeFlight
- Certified emergency nurses
- Rapid medical intervention
- Medical command to ambulance services
- Level I hazardous materials receiving facility (accredited by the Allegheny County Department of Health)