Related Classes & Events
Wednesday, June 5th, 2013
Wednesday, June 26th, 2013
Tuesday, August 6th, 2013
Saturday, August 10th, 2013
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
Back and Neck
Our physicians and surgeons are experienced in all spinal disorders including tumors, herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, vascular malformations, and arthritis of the spine. Our coordinated team of neurosurgeons, neurologists, consulting medical specialists, physical therapists, nurses and support staff provide state-of-the-art treatment with the goal of improving each patient’s condition and quality of life with the least invasive treatments available.
Our specialties include:
- Endoscopic and minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Cervical, thoracic, and lumbar disc disease care
- Tumors of the spinal column
- Adult vertebral compression fractures
- Cervical and lumbar spinal stenosis
- Scoliosis and spinal deformity
- Spinal trauma
- Arthritic and degenerative conditions of the spine
- Cervical and lumbar artificial disc replacement
The first goal of care for non-urgent spinal problems is to employ sophisticated medical treatments; many patients will become symptom-free in four to six weeks. Surgical approaches are considered if medical treatments do not result in significant improvement of pain or the patient remains functionally limited. Immediate surgery may be necessary when urgent spinal problems cause loss of neurologic function.
Learn more about Back and Neck in our Health Library.