Related Classes & Events
Wednesday, June 5th, 2013
Wednesday, June 26th, 2013
Tuesday, August 6th, 2013
Saturday, August 10th, 2013
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
Whether sharp or dull, intermittent or persistent, chronic pain can reduce strength, limit mobility and decrease the overall quality of life. But when it comes to chronic pain, you shouldn’t have to tough it out or suffer in silence. There are treatments that bring relief and even a cure.
- Back and neck pain
- Chest wall pain, acute and chronic
- Post-laminectomy syndromes/arachnoiditis
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy/causalgia
- Stump and phantom limb pain
- Acute herpes zoster (shingles) and post-herpetic neuralgia
- Cancer pain
- Peripheral neuropathies (such as diabetic neuropathy)
- Atypical facial pain/trigeminal neuralgia
- Peripheral vascular insufficiency/ischemic pain
- Abdominal pain, chronic
- Pelvic pain, chronic
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Pain associated with surgical incisions
- Post-stroke and central pain syndromes
- Spinal cord injury pain syndromes
The Allegheny General Hospital Pain Management Center provides outpatient comprehensive pain management services for patients throughout western Pennsylvania. Located within the main Allegheny General Hospital campus, the center enjoys easy access to medical specialties integral to comprehensive pain management: Neurology, Neurosurgery, Psychiatry, Psychology, Internal Medicine specialties, and Orthopaedic Surgery.
The Pain Management Center is comprised of:
- Two anesthesiologists, Board Certified in Pain Management
- One physiatrist with fellowship training in Pain Management
To be referred to a pain management specialist, call 412.DOCTORS (412.362.8677).
Learn more about Pain Management in our Health Library.