- To provide stroke neurology expertise in the evaluation of stroke patients
- To bring specialized stroke care to every patient regardless of their geography
- To shorten the time to administration of intravenous thrombolysis for acute ischemic stroke
- To provide 24 / 7 / 365 stroke neurology expertise and assist in the assessment and diagnosis of suspected stroke patients
- To provide advanced interventional treatment to stroke patients
The AGH Telemedicine Service fosters partnerships with hospitals in the region that can mutually benefit our patients and our community.
- Helping hospitals to deliver more effective stroke care.
- Identifying patients who have more severe strokes and may benefit from advanced therapies at a comprehensive stroke center.
- Working closely with neurologists and emergency medicine physicians at your hospital to provide efficient and seamless care in accordance with stroke guidelines and best practices.
- Spoke hospital is provided one number to call for Stroke Alerts
- AGH Stroke Neurologists will respond within 15 minutes and establish a telemedicine connection.
- AGH Stroke Neurologists will observe the patient, speak with the patient, family, and witness, review patient CT scans and will work with the spoke hospital physician to determine optimal patient treatment (including recommendation for intravenous rt-PA).
- If necessary, patient can be transferred to AGH for further care and have access to comprehensive stroke center services including NeuroCritical care, interventional stroke therapy or neurosurgical evaluation.
AGH Neurologists will provide documentation of the consult and recommended treatment.