Related Classes & Events
Friday, May 31st, 2013
Wednesday, June 5th, 2013
Friday, June 28th, 2013
Friday, July 26th, 2013
Tuesday, August 6th, 2013
Rehabilitation and Post-Acute Care
At West Penn Allegheny Health System, we understand that the healing process isn’t always complete the moment a patient is discharged. In some cases, patients require expert medical care outside of the hospital, in the comfort of their own homes or rehabilitation centers, in order to achieve optimal recovery. To learn more about our services, click on the "Our Specialties" tab above.
We offer many home care and rehabilitation services for all stages of disability, including:
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- In-home nursing and rehabilitation services
- Long-term acute care
- Palliative and hospice care
Inpatient rehab is for patients who have had a significant decline in function and who need and can tolerate an intensive approach with multiple therapy sessions. We offer inpatient rehabilitation services in specially designed units at three of our hospitals:
- Allegheny Valley Hospital, 724.226.7302
- Canonsburg General Hospital, 724.745.3908 or 412.304.7414
- Forbes Regional Hospital, 412.858.2367
- The Western Pennsylvania Hospital, 412.578.1073 or 724.272.8681
To make a referral on the weekend, please call 412.359.6939.
Outpatient rehab is designed for patients trying to maximize their individual potential and restore range of motion, strength and function. Courses of treatment often focus on exercise, manual therapy, electrical stimulation to increase mobility and decrease pain, self-care skills and injury prevention.
Our team of nurses, therapists, aides and social workers provide quality care to patients in the comfort of their own homes in Allegheny and surrounding counties. Our Home Care agency is accredited by the Joint Commission and certified by Medicare and works closely with your physician to help you remain independent and safe in your home.
You are eligible for Home Care if you:
- are under the care of a physician
- require intermittent skilled services
- have a caregiver and are unable to take care of yourself
- are medically restricted to home, or an illness or injury restricts your ability to leave home except with the assistance of a supportive device, special transportation or help of another person
For more information, please call 412.330.4211.
Long-Term Acute Care
Allegheny General Hospital’s Suburban Campus in Bellevue and Allegheny Valley Hospital in Natrona Heights house two of three LifeCare Hospitals of Pittsburgh locations. LifeCare specializes in treating medically complex patients who need extended hospitalization due to acute injury or illness. By providing early and aggressive intervention in a critical care setting, LifeCare gives patients the best chance at recovery.
For more information about LifeCare services at our hospitals, please call 412.247.2365.
We offer outpatient rehab services at the following locations (listed alphabetically):