Related Classes & Events
Monday, June 3rd, 2013
Tuesday, June 4th, 2013
Wednesday, June 5th, 2013
Friday, June 14th, 2013
Saturday, June 15th, 2013
The urology programs at West Penn Allegheny Health System enjoy a national reputation for the development of new clinical modalities for a variety of urological conditions and diseases.
Here, physicians pioneered the use of cryo-surgical techniques in the treatment of prostate cancer and are at the forefront of research related to enhancing the effectiveness of living-related kidney donations in renal transplantation. We offer the only multidisciplinary prostate center in the region, and a well developed robotic surgery program.
And, while our approach is state-of-the-art, we never forget that every patient is a person. You'll find that our team is committed to providing the highest quality care in a compassionate, safe and patient-focused environment.
The urology program at Allegheny General Hospital is a regional leader in the delivery of state-of-the-art urologic services and care. Over the past 25 years, the AGH urology program has been instrumental in introducing many new advanced treatment options to the western Pennsylvania region, including:
- laser lithotripsy for kidney stones
- brachytherapy and cryosurgery for prostate cancer
- minimally invasive (laparoscopic) kidney surgery
- endoscopic repair of traumatic urethral injuries
- and most recently, the widespread use of robotic surgery in many urologic applications
Other specialized programs and services available at AGH include:
- bladder removal with reconstruction for bladder cancer
- minimally invasive adrenal gland surgery
- urethral reconstruction surgery
- percutaneous kidney stone surgery
- living related kidney donation surgery
- vasectomy reversal surgery
- complex bladder dysfunction testing and treatment
- urogynecology/female urology services